Bought a house, now what

what do i need to do after buying a house

So you bought a house, now what?

I bought a house Firstly, congratulations!!
You have bought a new property, or new to you, at least.

It is very exciting, I mean to start with, remember how much time it took, researching to find ‘the’ one.

Then learning all about stamp duty, rates adjustments, finance options and the stress of moving house – you deserve to feel pretty chuffed with yourself.

Buying a house is one of the most stressful experiences in your life – but you did it. Now what?

Buying a house is exciting, but protecting your assets is very important too

If Prompt Settlements acted on your behalf

We kindly ask you leave a review, we really appreciate your feedback and this helps other people navigating the wonderful world of buying a new home, pick the right settlement agent too!

You can leave a review for Jacquie or Kaitlyn in our Northam office here.

You can leave a review for Evelyn in our South Perth office here

Owning a house is a long term investment, whether principal place or investment property and you probably insured it before you had even settled (if you haven’t it is a REALLY good idea, to do that now).

This is because you want to be sure if anything happens to the house your investment is looked after.

So, in the event of a storm, flooding or tenant damage if an investment, your home and investment are protected

Protecting you and your family?

What about if something happens to you? legal documents you will need in the event of illness

Whether temporarily due to accident or illness, permanently injured or worst still, death. It is important to ensure you have the right legal documentation in place to protect you and your family.

No one likes to discuss negative ‘what if’ scenarios and there is no need to dramatise what can go wrong, we are all aware of the possibilities.

We are all able to put in place, the necessary legal documents to look after ourselves and our loved ones if the need arises.

What sort of documents do I need?

Now you have a valuable asset, or have added to your existing assets, it is important to have certain legal documents in place, these can include:

Enduring Power of attorney

An enduring power of attorney is a legal document that enables a person to appoint a trusted person or persons, to make financial and/or property decisions on their behalf if they are unable to do so due to incapacity or absent.

Enduring Power of guardianship

An Enduring Power of Guardianship is a legal document that authorises a person of your choice, to make important personal, lifestyle and treatment decisions on your behalf should you ever become incapable of making such decisions yourself.

A Will

A Will, is a legal document that details your wishes regarding the care of your children, as well as the distribution of your assets after your death.

Advance health directive

An Advance Health Directive is a legal document that enables you to make decisions now about the treatment you would want , or not want, to receive if you ever became sick or injured and were incapable of communicating your wishes.
These descriptions are just a basic summary and further detail can be provided upon request or during consultation with our legal department.

What do I do now?

It’s easier than you think.

Contact our legal division Formbys Lawyers to discuss which documents are relevant to your needs and we will send you an Estate planning instruction sheet, your instructions will be taken, documents prepared, signed and that’s it – you’re protected.

Phone: 08 9354 0300


or go to our website for more information

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: